Katy Perry won another big payday in her biblical battle over a Los Angeles convent.
The same jury that awarded the singer nearly $1.6 million in compensatory damages to cover her costs fighting a businesswoman for the hot hilltop property voted Monday to give her another $3.3 million in punitive damages, City News Service reported.
“We’re obviously very pleased,” Perry’s lawyer Eric Rowen reportedly said.
The same jury also voted to give the Roman Catholic Archbishop $6.6 million in punitive damages, CNS said. That’s on top of $3.5 million in actual damages previously awarded.
Perry and the archdiocese sued businesswoman Dana Hollister for trying to thwart the singer’s deal to buy the property.
They said Hollister “fraudulently” convinced some of the nuns who lived there to back Hollister’s rival bid.
A successful restaurateur, Hollister wanted to convert the 8-acre property into a 60-room boutique hotel.
Perry offered $14.5 million for the spectacular spread, including $10 million cash, a spokeswoman for the archdiocese previously told The News.
“She wants to use it to care for her mother and her grandmother,” spokeswoman Monica Valencia said.
One of the Immaculate Heart nuns backing Hollister previously told the Los Angeles Times that she didn’t approve of Perry as a proprietor after watching some of her videos and meeting her in person.
A different nun, Sister Catherine Rose Holzman, said she preferred the Hollister bid because the money was to go straight to the nuns’ bank account and would keep the property open to visitors.
″(Perry) was a very lovely person but her offer is not as good as Dana’s,” Sister Catherine previously told The News.
“We’re looking for someone who will care for our property and let it be open for the public to enjoy,” she said at the time. “She (Perry) wants it for a private home, a hideaway.”