Whether one supported, or opposed the candidacy of Donald Trump, when he ran for the highest office, in our land, most realized, his campaign, was different, from most others, witnessed, in recent memory! Mr. Trump heavily relied on a populist, promise – based, approach, often blaming and complaining, while rarely, if ever, supplying potential voters, with details, and/ or solutions. He made many, somewhat, seemingly far – fetched promises, in areas, related, to significant issues, such as the economy, taxes, foreign policy, immigration, terrorism, safety, and, of course, the wall along our southern border (which he stated, Mexico would pay for). This article will attempt to briefly examine, review, and discuss, 5 of these promises, which, at least, to date, appear to be, broken ones.
1. Tax reform focused on middle – class tax cuts: Despite his constant statements, his tax reform, would focus on benefiting the middle – class, most economists, who have evaluated the legislation, approved, along partisan lines, benefited large corporations, and the wealthiest 1% of the population, to a far greater degree, than the rest of the population. Examining the details, which included doubling the standard deduction, were not nearly as beneficial, as one might believe, because it also eliminated the personal exemption! For example, for a family of four, while the standard deduction was raised from $12,000, to about $24,000, eliminating approximately $4100 per person ($16, 400), meant, fewer, not greater deductions to their taxable income. In addition, eliminating many deductions, and capping others, such as S.A.L.T., or State and Local Taxes, at $10,000, will potentially, raise taxes, to approximately 30% of the middle – class. In addition, the savings to most people expire in under a decade, while the corporate tax savings, are permanent.
2. What do you have to lose?: Remember when Mr. Trump, asked certain minority members, What do you have to lose?, meaning by voting for him? However, if we surveyed most minority Americans, today, they would tell you, the tone, and vitriol, of this President, has seemed regressive and hurtful!
3. Drain the swamp: Do you recall, when Trump, kept calling everyone else, names, and accusing them, of horrible motives, etc? His slogan was, Drain the swamp, but, we have witnessed, the greatest number of scandals, and potential ones, in his first year, than ever before? Rather than draining the swamp, it seems, he drained it, in order to make room, for more, and worse creatures!
4. Work constantly: He enjoyed accusing former President Obama, of constantly golfing, and stated, he wouldn’t have time, to do so, because he would be so busy, working for us! However, rather than doing that, he has spent, over a quarter of his days, in office, golfing, at one of his resorts.
5. Better health care, at a lower cost: As was his pattern, he complained about the A.C.A., and proclaimed, he’d create a plan, which was so much better, and less expensive, only to, once in office, state, it was much more involved than he thought! The proposals have not improved coverage, even threatening health protection, to those with previously existing conditions, while promoting plans, which might be less costly, but, that’s because they cover far less!
Broken promises, empty rhetoric, and constant lying! In his first year, that has been the legacy of President Donald Trump!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense politics: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9891124