If there’s one thing for certain. it’s that, we, often, cannot understand, a politician’s reasoning, and/ or behavior. In this present era, of, perhaps, the greatest degree of unfulfilled promises, and self – serving, personal agendas, we have witnessed, elected officials, who are members of the majority party, supporting legislation, which is not only contrary to the best – interests of the nation and its citizens, but, also unpopular. We have witnessed lying leaders, previously, but, never, seen, times, when, they did not appear to lie, and take actions, which were not, popular, and would help them, get re – elected! The two major pieces of legislation, thus far, introduced, and prioritized, in this first year, of the administration of President Donald Trump, health care reform, and, so – called, tax reform, seem widely unpopular, based on the polls of voters. In addition, the recent attempt to abandon the concept of Net Neutrality, is, at – odds, with what constituents support and desire. With this in mind, this article will briefly, examine, explore and discuss, 5 possibilities.
1. Pay – back to large donors: When representatives avoid taking any common sense, approach, to gun safety, even after the many incidents, we must wonder, if this is, paying back a debt to the N.R.A. Is the so – called, tax reform, benefiting the middle class, as the rhetoric and promises, have stated, or, rather, merely, Welfare for the wealthiest? Are the large political contributions, made by the Koch Brothers, and others, a major factor, in how they are behaving? What ever happened, to understanding, You can fool some of the people, all of the time, but you can’t fool all of the people?
2. Maintain core supporters (the base): Donald Trump ia expert at nourishing, encouraging, and playing, to his base! He has resorted to oppositional leadership, often appearing to focus exclusively on maintaining his core (approximately 35%) supporters, even if his ideas and proclamations, are unpopular with the majority.
3. Need to show some accomplishment: Why would the Republican Party legislators and leadership, be fighting so hard, and attempting to cram – through, at a rapid pace, tax legislation, which is opposed by the majority of Americans, and reviewed by almost every economist, as deepening the deficit, in an undesirable way? Many have speculated, since there have been little – to – no, accomplishments, during this first year, of President Trump, they feel, they need, to show, they accomplished, something, even if it is a poorly designed, piece of legislation, which is contrary, to the needs of many Americans!
4. Trump’s need, to win!: When running for office, Mr. Trump, often focused, a considerable amount of time and attention, on, what he referred to, as winning! Let’s consider, what has been won, and who has benefited?
5. Personal agenda/ self – interest: Shouldn’t the best interests of the nation, and the citizens, be the priority, as opposed to, serving any politician’s personal agenda, and/ or self – interest? What we have witnessed, in the past year, has rarely benefited, our average citizen, or the freedoms, we so desire!
It still does not make much sense, to me, for politicians to proceed, as they have, and supporting widely unpopular ideas and legislation, without considering, either the political, or actual ramifications! Wake up, America, because, until/ unless, you do so, soon, the character of this nation, will suffer irreparable harm!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense politics: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9849274