Many polls, seem to indicate, the overall level of confidence, our citizens have, in our government, is at, or near, an all – time low. Is it because of the excessive, partisan politics, dividing and polarizing Americans, seems to be prevailing over unifying, and bringing together, groups, and individuals, for the common good? Are the main causes, political, economic, race – related, xenophobic, self – interests, etc? With that in mind, this article will attempt to briefly review, consider, and discuss, 5 specific cases, and/ or instances, where we have witnessed much of that doubt, and/ or mis – trust.
1. Health care/ medical insurance: While we pride ourselves, on the belief, we are the greatest nation, in the world, our health care, is consistently rated, in a disappointing way! When Donald Trump campaigned for President of the United States, one of his main issues, was, complaining about the quality and availability of health care, and proclaiming, he would implement, a far better way! He blamed high premiums, and every challenge on his predecessor, rather than providing a viable solution. When, after over 16 months in office, the rhetoric has not equalled the results, it adds to the doubts and mis – trusts! President Trump, and his allies, rather than improving, have merely made changes, for change – sake, rather than making things better!
2. Tax Reform: How many times, did we hear, this legislation, was aimed, at the middle – class, and constant rhetoric, saying it would be the best, largest tax cut, ever? Independent analysts and economists, have stated, there is a lack of sustainability, and potential economic, undesirable ramifications, in these proposals and plans. They say it favors the wealthiest 1%, far more, than others. Many are disappointed, because they have come to realize, trickle – down economics, has never worked effectively, in this country.
3. China – trade: Donald Trump constantly proclaimed, he would never permit China, to continue having the upper hand, over us, regarding trade. However, once again, his rhetoric and vitriol, as well as less than stellar ability to consider ramifications, and retaliation, has added to the level of doubt, by many Americans.
4. NAFTA: Playing the race – card, and pitting people of different ethnicities, against each other, is amazingly, anti – American! Calling certain Mexicans and Latin Americans, names such as, Bad Hombres, etc, and demanding his Southern Wall, has enhanced differences, rather than seeking common ground.
5. Paris Accords: Although over 98% of experts, believe climate change, is, both, real, and a danger, and there is a need, to address our environment, especially clean air, and water, in a responsible, sustainable way, this President has withdrawn the United States, from the Paris Accords, and loosened environmental regulations. Who does this benefit?
Wouldn’t we all, be better served, and feel better, if we felt, our government cared, and served us, rather than some political agenda, and self – interest? Wake up, America, and make this nation greater, by focusing on our core freedoms and liberties!
Richard has owned businesses, been a COO, CEO, Director of Development, consultant, professionally run events, consulted to thousands, conducted personal development seminars, and worked on political campaigns, for 4 decades. Rich has written three books and thousands of articles. Website: http://plan2lead.net and LIKE the Facebook page for common sense politics: http://facebook.com/commonsense4all
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Richard_Brody/492539
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9943549